“A divorce in Alabama can be settled at almost any stage of the divorce process, whether prior to initiating an action with the Court or while the case is pending before the Court. Often, parties will attempt to negotiate a settlement in what is known as an uncontested divorce proceeding prior to Court involvement. However, just because a complaint has already been filed with the Court and your matter is pending before the Court, this doesn’t limit your options to negotiate a settlement, even right down to the night before trial. Parties in an Alabama divorce may also consider mediation of their matter, a form of alternative dispute resolution using a neutral third-party to assist the parties in reaching a settlement. Mediation can take place at any time by agreement of the parties, or, in some counties, by Court order.”
At New Beginnings Family Law, we understand how stressful and devastating a divorce and child custody issues can be for a family. Our team is committed to providing a caring and comfortable environment where you can feel safe to talk about your case and your goals for the future. You can trust our Huntsville family law attorneys to:
- Objectively review your case from every angle to develop a smart strategy for moving forward
- Push toward a satisfactory resolution before your case goes to court
- Provide strong and relentless courtroom advocacy if your case must go to trial Always put the needs of your children first
- Make ourselves available anytime you need to talk
- Truly sympathize with your situation, because many of us have been there ourselves
With more than a decade of experience successfully handling all types of family law cases, our team is prepared to guide you through this difficult time and help get you to the place you want to be. Contact us at https://newbeginningsfamilylaw.com/ or call (256) 518-9529.