New Beginnings Family Law welcomed Preston Huggins to our team in 2018.
Preston was born and raised in Meridianville, Alabama. While attending Hazel Green High School, he was captain of both the varsity baseball and varsity swim team. After graduating, he went on to attend Auburn University where he worked directly with both t he Auburn University football and softball team. Upon receiving his degree in political science, Preston received his law degree from Faulkner University’s Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, where he served as the Student Bar Association Vice President, Senior Editor of the Faulkner Law Review, and Academic Dean Fellow assisting younger law students. While in law school, Preston worked as a law clerk for Beasley, Allen Crow, Methvin, Portis, & Miles, and as an intern for the Chief Magistrate Judge of the Middle District of Alabama, the Honorable Wallace Capel, Jr.
In his free time, Preston enjoys spending time with his Wife, Courtney Huggins who serves as an Assistant District Attorney in Madison County, and being outdoors close to any body of water.
Preston provides counsel in the areas of divorce, uncontested divorce, and wills. Preston is also what is known as a Guardian ad Litem, also known as a GAL. This means that in court he works in the best interest of the child in child custody cases. He will always work to ensure that the child is in the best hands.
- Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, Juris Doctor (with honors), 2018
- Student Bar Association, Vice President
- Faulkner Law Review, Senior Editor
- Faulkner Law Pro Se Assistance Program
- Awarded Best Paper for Conflicts of Law, 2018
- Awarded Best Motion f or Summary Judgment, 2017
- Awarded Best Appellate Brief, 2016
- Dean’s List, 2015, 2017, 20 18
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science and Minor in Sports Coaching
Associations and Memberships
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- Morgan County Bar Association